"What if the one that got away came back?"
Now, I know I'm not the only woman who has been told she was the "one who got away".
I cant help but wonder, what exactly does that mean?
As a man, if your car goes rolling down a hill, do you not at least chase after it?
If your favorite team is playing in a double header, do you not bother to watch it on whatever channel it comes on?
I know that phrase is supposed to be meant as a "compliment", it says, "If I were ready for you, you'd be my girlfriend, wife, life partner, etc." but when does the 'one who got away' stop slipping through the fingers of the unprepared, young man?
Or... Is it an excuse? Does it really mean, "You're great & all but I dont wanna have to grow up right now so I'll take my chances & let you go."?
What in your life do you desire and cherish enough to make sure it never gets away from you? and if the woman you love is "the one who got away"... why are you letting her get away?
And... "What if the one that got away came back?"... Would you be ready for her then?... Would you let her get away again?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Sound off!