Fear not! Valentine's Day is a day for love... so start by loving yourself! <Bullshit! I know!
If you find yourself dateless on V-Day, here's a list of things sure to make February 14th quite memorable.
I.
Have a "Waiting to Exhale", anti-Valentines day get together with your single girlfriends.
Order a bunch of She woman man hating movies on Netflix, Hulu, whatever you tech savvy people use.
Pour up lots of wine (or cocktails).
Have a "ritual" and destroy anything that reminds all of you of your ex-boyfriends.
or plan ahead, pick a theme & have your friends play along.
II.
Go solo!
Would you rather spend Valentine's day with that mistake you dated for 6 months before you realized he was a pathological liar OR would you prefer a romantic & relaxing night alone?
Ok, I know some of you are thinking... "I'd prefer my mistake of an ex boyfriend if only for today." but if you're not that girl...
Clean up your place, run a hot bath, pour some wine/champagne, your favorite mood setting tunes & treat yourself to a memorable night.
III.
Go out!
Hit Google, Bing(search engine of your choosing) & find some events meant for singles.
Not only will you meet some new people but if there are men there... they're guaranteed to be single (What guy is out without his girl on Valentines Day?)
Do something you wouldn't normally do... go bowling, visit a museum, stage play/musical, aquarium, karaoke, or a foreign film.
IV.
Get away!
Whether solo or with your closest friends, nothing clears the mind like being on the beach, or a snowy cabin in the woods, or a spa, or a casino... my point is... go somewhere!
Check out Living Social or Groupon, pack your bags, load up the car and get going.
You'd be surprised just how little you might spend getting away for the weekend.
P.S. Road trips are still very much in style!
V.
Learn Something!
No, I dont mean..."Take time to reflect on why you're single and be thankful for what your past relationships have taught you." I AM NOT that girl. I am bitter & mean and none of my exes have taught me anything other than how to be a bitch of an ex-girlfriend... but I digress.
When I say "learn something", I mean get your girls together (or go alone) and take a class. Take a pole dancing class, take a painting class, pottery, a traditional dance class, an erotic learning session, tantric massage, bartending class, wine tasting (my fav), snowboarding, music lesson, sushi making, cooking, baking.... the possibilities are endless!
Honorable Mention
Play Matchmaker: Invite your single girl & guy friends, have them invite a single girl or guy friend, introduce people & watch the magic happen.
Puppy Love: Volunteer at an animal shelter or visit a pet store... I mean come on.. puppies!
Go Red: Wear red lipstick, red panties, red nail polish & red heels all day. It's an instant boost to your self esteem and sexuality.
Go Red: Wear red lipstick, red panties, red nail polish & red heels all day. It's an instant boost to your self esteem and sexuality.
Pamper Yourself: Get your hair done, nails done, visit a spa, get waxed, massaged, poked & prodded ;)
Sound off: Are you single? What do you do on Valentine's Day that puts a smile on your face? What are your thoughts about Valentine's Day?

Yes I am single..I buy chocolate cover strawberries and lay in bed and think of all the guys that lucked out.. It's just a day for businesses to make some extra cash
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like quite a plan. Who doesn't love chocolate covered strawberries & some alone time.
DeleteThanks for sharing Erika.
You are our contest winner!
@Erika, you go girl:-)
Delete"Clean up your place, run a hot bath, pour some wine/champagne, your favorite mood setting tunes & treat yourself to a memorable night."
ReplyDeleteOhh yeah baby!