13 January 2013

He's Just Not That Into You!

Yes, its been done before... its the premise of 75% of our favorite romantic comedies, Hell, its the name of one of our favorite ensemble cast romantic comedies. So why am I talking about it now?... because women (myself included) dont get the freaking point!
"HES JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU!"

Six words, perfectly aligned with something every woman claims she wants... Honesty!

So why is it so hard for us (once again...myself included) to accept?

We all know that there are a million reasons why we wont accept rejection and a million different cliche's that we attach to such phrases in relationships but, we're not here for that because men dont think that way. A man is "either into you or not", plain and simple. So here are 3 ways to tell...
He's Just Not That Into You:

ONE: He doesn't call you!
We all make excuses in this technological era for the lack of verbal communication with one another but at the end of the day, every single phone has a "call" option. What every phone doesn't have are apps, video, photo & internet capability.

Why: If a man isn't calling you, he is relying solely upon the convenience of sending text messages. If a man won't change what he's "used to doing" while he's getting to know you, he won't change much once he's gotten to know you.


TWO: He tells you "I'm not ready for a relationship"
If you are looking to commit & a guy tells you he isn't... you're not going to change that! So walk away & cut your losses. Don't be the girl all of us have been at one point in our lives who believe's she's the one who will turn the frog into a prince. NEWSFLASH: It aint gonna happen!

Why: One thing that most people aren't willing to believe is, your expectations change based on your experiences in relationships. If a man tells you he's ready to commit, give him time to show and prove and then proceed. If a man says he's not ready, do yourself a favor, if you're still interested, keep it casual, but dont bend over backwards proving what a great girlfriend you'll be while he's still claiming single.

THREE: What he says & what he does are two completely different things.
Cliche Alert: Actions speak louder than words. Easier said than done.
There's a reason why these cliche's have stood the test of time... because they're true!
If a man tells you one thing, but does another... essentially what he's saying is... I'm a liar! 

Ive done the research on this one. I've spent the last 6 months of my life doing nothing short of obsessing over a man with whom I had (what I thought was) a whirlwind romance. Time passed, reality set in and I noticed everytime I gave him the opportunity to SHOW me how he felt... he fell short with mere words. Needless to say, our "love affair" ended before I ever found out how he "really felt".
There are plenty more ways to tell whether he's into you or not and I will address them in later installments of "He's Just Not That Into You". Next installment, you'll be getting the dish directly from the horses mouth. I am interviewing men to find out what signs they send when they're just not that into a girl!

Sound off: What are your thoughts? Are these signs you've been ignoring? Have any of these signs helped you walk away from a guy who just wasn't interested in you? What would you like to see me include in the next installment of "He's Just Not That Into You"?


4 comments:

  1. It really is that simple, we just chose to act like we don't know what is going on. If a man wants to be with you, he will stop at nothing to make sure that happens. If he is not doing the things you want him to do then he really is just not that into you. The truth hurts but it does make life much better. As cliche is it may sound, there are plenty of fish in the sea so why waste all your time on the one who is not into you? Love this one Barhynn:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, after our conversations this weekend we both know I know exactly what signs to look for but I'm misreading them.
      We learn & then we learn the hard way.
      Thanks for your input Shirley.
      Did you know "Bitchy & Beautiful" is on Tumblr now?
      http://bitchybeautiful.tumblr.com/

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for your input Latia.
      Dont forget to subscribe to the blog so you get firsthand updates.

      Delete

Sound off!